WHAT IS IT
Aerogels are a group of materials in which the liquid portion of a gel has been replaced with a gas. It was first created as a result of a bet. This sample consists of 25mL of silica aerogel particles. It is safe to touch, but may leave sticky residue.
• Lightest solid materials known; aerogels are up to 99.98% air.
• Lowest thermal conductivity of any known solid.
• Graphene aerogel is currently the least dense known solid.
• Aerogels make excellent insulators. Silica aerogel insulates the Mars rovers.
• Ultra-strong, bendable aerogels are the lowest-density structural materials ever developed.
• Due to their high porosity, NASA has even used aerogel to collect interstellar dust particles in outer space.
For add-on items, we will try to include an info card if we have one for the selected product. If not, all the same information is included on this page.